Who is Lisa?
If you didn’t guess already, my name is Lisa 😉
My personal finance story:
Even as I was growing up, I knew I wanted to do something in the finance world. Nerdy, I know. I remember excitedly waiting for my parents to come home from work so that I could count the change my dad would give me every night.
Seriously – I loved counting money. Still do!
I also remember them bringing home tons of old school accounting computer paper for me to doodle on, but instead I’d write in my own accounting journal entries (yes, you can say it: who does that??) Both of my parents were accounting professionals, so naturally I decided to follow their footsteps.
During my second-to-last semester in college, I took a personal finance course which started this whole obsession. At my first job out of college, I actually decided that being an accountant just wasn’t for me. Right now, I’m a treasury analyst at a rapidly growing financial services company.
OH, and – I am stuck with over $20K in student loans, credit card debt that doesn’t seem to go away, a loan for a brand-new car, and let’s not forget my mortgage! I refuse to regret any of my debt, but I also refuse to be controlled by it!
I started this blog mostly to hold myself accountable with my student loans, but now I want to share even more about my experiences with personal finance and life in general. I also hope that you can learn a thing or two from me and my mistakes and triumphs.
- I love God and am a practicing Catholic. I sign off every post with AMDG which stands for Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam which means “for the greater glory of God” in Latin.
- I was born and raised here in the SF Bay Area – there’s no place like home!
- My husband, Juan, is my best friend – you’ll probably see him mentioned here previously as The BF and The Fiance.
- I live with my husband, my brother, my mom, and my auntie. Can you say #fullhouse?
- If I could, I think I would eat Wingstop every single day. Garlic parmesan and Louisiana rub, please!
As Seen In:
Check out all of my guest posts and interviews around the web!
4/15/14 – Money Matters: Why Your $$$ is Her Business – [Buttered Brains]
11/19/13 – Look With Your Eyes, Not With Your Mouth – [Smarterbucks Blog]
10/17/13 – Slowly, But Surely, Crushing Student Loan Debt – [Smarterbucks Blog]
9/1/13 – Budget: How to Save Money on School Supplies – [Phroogal Blog]
8/30/13 – College: 3 Savvy Ways to Save Money on Textbooks – [Phroogal Blog]
8/10/13 – College: The Best Ways to Pay Down Your Student Loans – [Phroogal Blog]
7/9/13 – 3 Lessons Learned Recovering From Retail Therapy – [Money Help for Christians]