Here is our debt free by 30 progress for May 2017!
Some bloggers have income reports, I have my debt report 🙂
Debt free by 30 progress – May 2017
As of May 1, 2017, we are $50,391.86 in debt – a $1,213.33 decrease from April 2017!
We’ve made a small dent in our debt free by 30 progress in this first month. It’s not exactly where we need to be, but it’s a great start I think.
Debt free by 30 progress – May 2017 breakdown
Here is our breakdown of our debt for May:
Per the chart above, our debt breakdown as of May 1, 2017 is as follows:
- Car loan – $6,871.30 (down from $7,233.56 last month)
- Credit cards – $20,390.82 (down from $21,055.37 last month)
- Student loans – $23,129.74 (down from $23,316.26 last month)
Here’s a breakdown of our debts on an account level:
Debt free by 30 progress – May 2017 updates and notes
- Juan received his yearly bonus last month, so we put that to good use (see next bullet point)!
- We’ve completely eliminated Credit Card #1 last month! This is great because last month I predicted that we could only throw an extra $200 to our avalanche. Instead, we made it work and we’ve paid off the $500+ balance on CC#1! Woo hoo – bye
- As far as side income goes, we haven’t really started quite yet. However, this month we are planning on selling a bunch of our clothes and other items around the house online. Probably on eBay, but if you’ve got a suggestion on where we could sell that you find is better than eBay – let me know in the comments!
All in all – so far, so good. Paying off Credit Card #1 entirely was a great motivation boost! Also, I know exactly what we need to work on (cough SIDE INCOME cough).
Let’s do this!