Links Lisa Likes – I’m Going to be a Bridesmaid

A few weeks ago, one of my oldest friends from elementary school texted me some amazing news: she got engaged!

Naturally, I was ecstatic that 1) she was engaged and 2) I was one of the first people she told. Excuse me while I go and wipe my tears.

Anywho, I had dinner with her on Thursday night. As we were catching up about work, family, and all of that, she asked if I would be one of her bridesmaids! Of course I said yes! #brbcrying

I would totally put a picture up of the two of us right now, but her and her boyfriend fiance haven’t exactly made it public, and I know a bunch of my friends know about this blog, so I don’t want to be the one to leak the info, at least not on here. And yes that was one long run on sentence but who cares because I’m excited!!!

So, instead of a picture of her/us, here’s a picture of a pillow that perfectly describes how I’m feeling right now:

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Last Week on LvL

Lately, I haven’t been posting much here. Sorry, not sorry.

June 2013 was my best month yet! I’m talking about my net worth, of course :)

This Week’s LLL

How I Save 85% of My Income – [First Quarter Finance]
I just recently discovered this guy and he is absolutely KILLING IT in the savings department!

A Penny Saved is More Than a Penny Earned – [Done by Forty]
In the ongoing debate of increasing income vs. decreasing expenses, the latter has the advantage.

Summer Holiday Wardrobe Essentials (Frugal Edition) – [The Frugal Model]
Sundresses are my favorite part of summer #truestory

Want More Time? Stop Buying So Much Stuff! – [Bible Money Matters]
So eye-opening! As consumers, we always find a way to spend, most often by telling ourselves that our wants are really our needs.

The Year I Plan to Embrace Minimalism – [Blonde on a Budget]
As someone who loves the idea of minimalism, but doesn’t have the guts (yet) to fully embrace it, I’m looking forward to reading about Cait’s journey!

Have any of you been a bridesmaid or a groomsman?

AMDG,
Lisa

20 Comments

1. Alexis July 22, 2014

I absolutely loved being a bridesmaid! Even though I wasn’t close with the other bridesmaids, it was like joining a whole new family. We went to Vegas and had a blast at the wedding. Good luck!
    Alexis recently posted…How To Find The Perfect School For YouMy Profile

2. Will July 16, 2014

Just don’t refer to him as the boyfriend anymore! My sister kept getting so mad after she got engaged because I kept calling Nick her boyfriend.

Whoops!
    Will recently posted…How to Fire Your Financial Advisor in 3 SecondsMy Profile

• Lisa E. August 9, 2014

It’s going to take a while for me to get used to calling him her fiance!

3. DC @ Young Adult Money July 15, 2014

“Want More Time? Stop Buying So Much Stuff!” Such a great post over at Bible Money Matters, and congrats on being asked to be a Bridesmaid! That’s a big deal.
    DC @ Young Adult Money recently posted…How to Remodel your Bathroom on your Own (DIY)My Profile

• Lisa E. August 9, 2014

I loved that post. Thanks DC!

4. Done by Forty July 15, 2014

Your happiness is contagious — I can really tell how excited you are.

And thanks so much for including my post, Lisa!
    Done by Forty recently posted…Trickle Down ConsumptionMy Profile

5. Yay! How fun!!!! My bridesmaid days are long passed, but I remember them with fondness. It’s technically only 3.5 years before I could officially be a mother of the bride – now that’s scary! :-)
    Laurie @thefrugalfarmer recently posted…Saturday Morning Ramble, or The Truth About HomesteadingMy Profile

6. Holly@ClubThrifty July 15, 2014

Congrats on being a bridesmaid! Hopefully she won’t make it super expensive or turn into a bridezilla!

• Lisa E. August 9, 2014

Thanks Holly! Yes, I hope those things, too :)

7. debt debs July 14, 2014

Are ya excited? LOL
    debt debs recently posted…Debt Update and MVP Blog AwardMy Profile

8. Michelle July 14, 2014

Awww yay! Congrats! :)
    Michelle recently posted…What To Think About Before Having An Outdoor Wedding Plus Craziness That Happened At OursMy Profile

9. Cash Cow Couple July 14, 2014

Heading over to look at the articles you recommended. Have a great week!

10. Nice! Congratulations!