The lovely Anna from Are Ya Gonna Eat That nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much for the nomination, I’m definitely honored that a writer of a blog that I read actually reads my blog, too!
What is a Liebster Award, you ask?
Well, basically this award is given to up and coming bloggers and nominations are from other bloggers! The word “Liebster” means “dearest” in German. Basically, it’s a way for new bloggers to be discovered and recognized. To me, it feels like an unofficial introduction to the PF blogosphere 🙂 Here’s a post that further breaks down the origins/rules of the Liebster award.
So here’s the deal – once you’ve been nominated, you have to a) post 11 random facts about yourself, b) answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you, and c) nominate 5-11 blogs who you feel deserve the award (must have less than 200 followers) and ask them 11 questions!
Let’s get started, shall we?
11 Random Facts About Lisa E.
1. I am a Bay Area girl at heart! I was born in Oakland, raised in Vallejo, went to college in San Francisco, and now currently working in SF and living back in Vallejo. The Bay will always be a huge part of me.
2. I am a proud Catholic.
3. With that, I’m also the ultimate Catholic school girl – I attended Catholic schools from kindergarten, through elementary school, junior high, high school, and all the way through college!
4. I am incredibly introverted. I know many people who have eventually told me that they were intimidated by me when they first met me because of how I acted around them, but it’s really because I’m shy!
5. When I’m watching TV or listening to the radio, the volume has to be either an even number or a multiple of five. I know, weird!
6. I love to dance – I’ve danced ballet as a child, hip-hop as a teenager/young adult and now I teach ballroom and hip-hop with my boyfriend for special events as my side hustle! I’m looking into learning more, unfortunately there aren’t too many classes around me 🙁
7. My parents were both accounting professionals, so I majored in accounting, too!
8. However, I have chosen not to become an accountant. Instead, I am a financial analyst!
9. My boyfriend is my best friend – we’re high school sweethearts!
10. I love reading about personal finance, budgeting, productivity, and lifestyle! Discovering new blogs is my hobby.
11. Big Brother is my guilty pleasure. If I were to be on a reality show, that would be it.
11 Questions From Anna
1) What do you mostly write about and what has been your experience with it?
I mostly write about my personal journey to debt freedom. Originally, I started this blog with the intent to focus solely on my student loan debt, but I decided to expand to all debt (credit card, car, mortgage), net worth, retirement, savings, ministry, and even my battle with weight loss!
2) What are your goals in life?
WOW. Great question. My general goal is to be happy with what I’ve been blessed with and to make the most out of my talents/gifts. I would love to be financially independent and hopefully I can retire early!
3) What’s your favorite kind of food?
SUSHI. Hands down!
4) If you were able to take a month off and travel, where would you go and why?
It’s a toss up between Japan or the Caribbean. I’m a city girl at heart, but I love the beach! Hmm… can I do both? Haha.
5) Are you more of a cat person or dog person?
I used to think I was a both person, but now that my boyfriend has both a cat and a dog, I choose dog! I do love both, though!
6) Describe yourself in 3 words.
Quirky. Hungry. Loving.
7) What is your favorite book?
Oh man, this is impossible! I will say that I’m a huge fan of the Hunger Games trilogy!
8) What is a piece of advice you would give your 18-year old self?
Stop spending so much on shoes!
9) Do you like where you live?
I do and I don’t. As I said above, I was raised here, so there’s definitely a feeling of “home”. But I miss living on my own in San Francisco!
10) On a scale of 1-10, how adventurous are you?
I’m going to be generous and say 6! I’d like to think I’m the adventurous type, but really I like consistency and familiarity.
11) Do you have any financial advice for me and/or others?
In general, I just want others to be aware. It’s easy to write off finances as a yucky or boring subject – but that’s exactly what gets people into thousand of dollars in debt! Once you’re aware of your financials, you can do the fun stuff with what you have!
Questions for the Nominees
1. What’s the story behind your blog name?
2. What’s your most favorite thing about blogging?
3. Most expensive thing you’ve bought this past year?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
6. What’s your favorite hobby (other than blogging)?
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
8. What is your favorite color?
9. What kind of food do you like to eat?
10. What is one thing you’re incredibly bad at?
11. Do you have any advice for me and/or other bloggers who are just starting?
Well, that was fun! Thanks again to Anna at Are Ya Gonna Eat That for nominating me! Can’t wait to read the answers of my nominees!